The Western Kentucky Catholic is the official newspaper of the Diocese of Owensboro. It was established in the 1980s under the leadership of Bishop John J. McRaith and founding editor Mel Howard.
The Western Kentucky Catholic is published 10 times a year and mailed to every registered Catholic household in the Diocese of Owensboro, as a direct use of parish assessment dollars. Archived issues are available online.
Guidelines for reader-submitted content in The Western Kentucky Catholic
- No submissions are guaranteed placement in The Western Kentucky Catholic. Submissions are selected by the editor and Office of Communications staff.
- Personal opinions expressed in submitted columns and letters to the editor in The Western Kentucky Catholic may be edited for space, a lack of charity or a lack of clarity, and are not endorsed by the publisher or editor.
- The deadline for reader-submitted content in The Western Kentucky Catholic is the 15th of the month prior to the publishing month.
- Submitted articles must be no more than 500 words, be timely and relevant to the Church in western Kentucky, and must include writer’s name. Submitted articles may also be edited for space or clarity.
- Submitted photos must be high-resolution, sent in JPEG format (ending in “.jpg”) and sent via email. A description of the photo, date taken, and photographer’s name must be included.
To have your events listed in the WKC Bulletin Board, email information of no more than 200 words to email@example.com by the 15th of the month prior to the publishing month.
To submit news tips, short articles or photos for possible inclusion in The Western Kentucky Catholic, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also use this email address to politely indicate any factual errors in the publication.