Who Can Receive Confirmation?
It has been the practice and belief of Diocesan Leadership for over 25 years that young people around the 7th-8th grades are able to appreciate and value a deeper relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Confirmation preparation and the reception of this sacrament offer an abundance of God’s grace to these young people at an important time in their life. Through the movement of the Holy Spirit and learning to cooperate with it, these young people will grow into closer disciples of Jesus. It is encouraged that young people be active members of their parish during their year of Confirmation and the year prior to insure they are well-prepared and open to the grace of God.
The following documents may be helpful to parishes as they plan for the celebration of Confirmation:
- The Rite of Confirmation: Liturgical Guidelines
- Instructions for Assisting the Bishop at a Rite of Confirmation Within Mass (provides instructions for the Master of Ceremonies)
- Juridical Guidelines
- Rite of Confirmation Within Mass (provides the ritual text with some specific instructions for the Diocese of Owensboro)
- Guidelines for Letters from Candidates to Bishop
- Cartas para la Confirmación
- Confirmation Liturgy Preparation Form