The diocese requires that every minor in Catholic school or in a parish faith formation program receive safety training annually, which includes the topics of sexual abuse prevention and the need to tell if abuse is occurring. Only a minor whose parent or guardian signs and turns in an opt-out form to the parish or school is not required to receive this annual training.
- Questions and Answers About Children’s Training
- Grade-Specific Concepts for Safe Environment Training
- Parent Guide Q & A Brochure for distribution by parish/school programs
- Resources for Families
Tools for Personnel Coordinating Training
- Diocesan Approved Training Materials List
- Resources for Those Who Opt-Out
- Catechist Introduction for Youth SE Training videos/DVDs
- Training Permission/Opt-Out Forms (including Spanish)
- Children’s Training Totals – Parish
- Children’s Training Totals – School
Options for Parish/School Training of Minors
- Local rape crisis center’s training: Parish or school negotiates and pays for services.
- Diocesan-approved training materials list.
- Alternative training materials provided by diocese (for those unable to participate in the main training for the year). Must be completed on-site under the direction of a Safe-Environment compliant adult — Parents are invited to be present if they wish: