August 25-26, 2017
Join women from around the Diocese of Owensboro for a women’s retreat at Kentucky Dam Village. This is an opportunity to be spiritually refreshed through engaging speakers and Mass with Bishop William F. Medley. Enjoy a multitude of breakout sessions offered on Saturday to get your heart and mind pumping. Grab your friends and join us for this first of its kind women’s weekend retreat!
Early Registration Discount
The retreat is $25 if registered by July 20th! This includes cocktails and appetizers Friday night, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Click here to register for this event! After July 20th, the retreat fee goes up to $40.
Lodging and some breakout sessions have their own separate fees. Please see below.
Hallie Lord is a speaker, Catholic blogger of Love Fearless, Live Passionately; author of On the Other Side of Fear: How I found Peace, Spice of Your Marriage and Style, Sex, and Substance. Hallie is the host of Hallie Weekly on SiriusXM and co-founder of the Edel Gathering, an annual event that combines spiritual refreshment with good wine and bad karaoke. Hallie is a wife and mother of seven children and lives in South Carolina.
Cyndi Spivey is a Christian author of the blog, Walking in Grace & Beauty. Cyndi began blogging in 2009 about her love for fashion and her faith in Jesus, due to the encouragement of her mom. Cyndi’s blog is for women over 40 where she shares inspirational messages for the heart. Cyndi is a pastor’s wife, mom of two grown children, has one grandson and lives in Kentucky.
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 25:
- 5:30 PM – Optional dinner at Kentucky Dam Village
- 6:30 PM – Registration at the Kentucky Dam Conference Center
- 7:00 PM – Session One with Cyndi Spivey
- 8:15 PM – Ice breaker games/Music
- 9:00 PM – Cocktails and Appetizers
Saturday, August 26:
- 8:30 AM – Optional Rosary
- 9:00 AM – Mass with Bishop William F. Medley
- 10:15 AM – Session Two with Hallie Lord
- 11:15 AM – Lunch
- 12:00 PM – Session Three with Hallie Lord
- 1:15 PM – Breakout Sessions
- 3:00 PM – Closing
- How to use essential oils by Cindy Spivey – Free
- Group kayaking (one hour) – Free
- *Horseback riding (one hour with guide) – $20
- *Ziplining (moderate to high physical activity) – Eight ziplines for $49 or two ziplines for $25
- *Massage (full body or point of interest) – 30 minutes for $30
- *Painting with Lindsay Wyatt (door hanger) – $35
- Hiking (moderate activity – one and half miles with a guide) – Free
- Taize prayer adoration (music, meditation and prayer) – Free
- *Cajun cooking demonstration – $10
- Christian yoga with Heather Overby – Free
- *Bootcamp with personal trainer Leah Klumper (mild to moderate activity) – $10
*Fees for these sessions must be paid for when you register online.
Attendees must book and pay for their own room. There are rooms blocked off at Kentucky Dam Village Lodge under Owensboro Diocese Women’s Retreat. Special pricing is $89.95 plus tax. Up to four women could room together if they wished. Reservations can be made by visiting the park’s website or by calling 270-362-4271. Use group #1551 when you book.