August 23-24, 2019
Join women from around the Diocese of Owensboro for a women’s retreat at Kentucky Dam Village. This is an opportunity to be spiritually refreshed through an engaging speaker and Mass with Bishop William F. Medley. Grab your friends and join us for this “Take 2” women’s weekend retreat!
The retreat is $30 if registered by July 31. Price goes up to $50 beginning August 1. This includes cocktails and appetizers Friday night, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Click here to register for this event!
Lodging is a separate fee. Please see below.
Kelly Wahlquist is a dynamic and inspiring Catholic author and speaker whose gift of weaving personal stories and Scripture together with practical advice allows her audience to enter more fully into what Pope Francis has called us to do—to live the joy of the Gospel with missionary zeal.
She is the Assistant Director for the Archbishop Harry J. Flynn Catechetical Institute in the Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis, founder of WINE: Women In the New Evangelization, and a contributing writer for CatholicMom.com and The Integrated Catholic Life—an eMagazine about integrating faith, family, and work.
Her book, Created to Relate: God’s Design for Peace and Joy, inspires women to live fully their beautiful God-given gifts to build up the kingdom of God.
Kelly travels the country speaking on the New Evangelization in an effort to encourage all to spread the message of Jesus by living the joy of the Gospel. She resides in Minnesota with her husband, Andy, and their three children.
Schedule of Events
(Subject to change)
Friday, August 23:
- 6:30—7:00 PM Registration
- 7:00—7:15 PM Introduction
- 7:15—8:30 PM Kelly Wahlquist
- 8:30 PM — ??? Social hour with appetizers & cocktails
(masseuse available for chair massage—you pay)
Saturday, August 24:
- 7:30—8:15 PM Breakfast (donuts, juice & coffee) provided in Pavilion area behind conference center. Or you can go to the Kentucky Dam restaurant (on your own).
- 8:30—9:00 AM Rosary at Kentucky Dam Conference Center
- 9:00—10:00 AM Mass with Bishop Medley
- 10:00—10:15 AM Break
- 10:15—11:15 AM Kelly Wahlquist
- 11:15 AM —12:30 PM Lunch
- 12:30—1:15 PM Kelly Wahlquist
- 1:15—2:15 PM Breakout (TBD)
- 2:20—3:00 PM Kelly Wahlquist
- 3:00—3:30 PM Closing / Evaluation
Attendees must book and pay for their own room. There are rooms blocked off at Kentucky Dam Village Lodge under Owensboro Diocese Women’s Retreat until July 31. Special pricing is $89.95 plus tax. Up to four women could room together if they wished. Reservations can be made by visiting the park’s website or by calling 270-362-4271. Use group #3184 when you book.