Diocese of Owensboro Catholic Committee on Scouting
We are a committee of adults involved in Boy Scouts of America and Girl Scouts who promote an integration of Scouting with the Catholic Faith. We do this through promotion of Religious Emblems and retreats and communications. Each year we celebrate a mass with Bishop Medley and confer the Religious Emblems earned by Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and adult awards for those adults who have shown outstanding leadership in Scouting and the Catholic Church. We meet monthly and have a planning retreat once per year.
Faith and Fellowship Weekend
Date: September 22-24, 2017
The weekend will be an encounter with Jesus in the context of camping. Activities will include crafts, fishing, campfire, prayer, Mass, and other activities.
What to bring: Tent, sleeping bag, water bottle, flashlight, bible, shoes suitable for hiking, walking stick if desired, poncho or equivalent in case of rain.
Religious Emblems Mass
The Diocese of Owensboro annually hosts a Religious Emblems Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral with Bishop Medley and a reception following.
The 2018 Mass information will be announced soon.
Owensboro Catholic Committee on Scouting Meetings
Upcoming Committee Meetings (usually at Catfish Dock in Powderly, Kentucky)
- Dates TBA
- Chairs of Diocese of Owensboro Catholic Committee on Scouting
- History of the Diocese of Owensboro Catholic Committee on Scouting
- List of known BSA Catholic Adult Award Recipients in the Diocese of Owensboro
- Recommendation for the Bronze Pelican Award
- National Catholic Committee on Scouting
- NCCS Religious Emblems for Youth
- NCCS Adult Recognition Emblems
- For a catalog of resources for religious emblems especially for Girl Scouts and Campfire Girls see the link here for the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministers or the NFCYM.
- USCCB on Scouting
- Scout Unit Information and Application for the National Catholic Quality Unit Award – Pope Paul VI