Amid concerns of the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Diocese of Owensboro would like to take this time to share that in this rapidly changing situation, we will continue to monitor and provide updates as we receive more information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH). The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops also has a web page devoted solely to this situation. You can find prayers, resources, links to live-stream opportunities and more here: http://www.usccb.org/coronavirus.
Eviction Prevention Funds
Catholic Charities is pleased to announce that as an agency we have been able to devote $308,600 in services to people hurting in the diocese since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Much of that help has been possible because of generous parishioners and grants. While our funds are running low for unrestricted grant funding for housing and utility assistance, we are pleased that we have a new $10,000 CCUSA Francis Fund for Eviction Prevention grant to help renters avoid eviction in our rural counties…basically our entire diocese except Daviess and Warren counties due to the population being over 100,000.
Rural residents at risk for eviction can call 270-852-8335 to see if we can assist. We are also so pleased that the Li-heap program is available for utility assistance (the first stop for any utility help) in various agencies across the diocese (www.Audubon-Area.com for Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohio, Union and Webster Counties; www.CKCAC.org for Breckenridge and Grayson Counties; www.CasoKy.org for Allen, Butler, Edmonson, Logan, Simpson, and Warren Counties; www.PACS-Ky.org for Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, Muhlenberg, Todd and Trigg Counties; and www.wkas-ky.org for Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken Counties). For rental assistance, Governor Beshear’s office has set up a program to pay up to 9 months of back rent and 3 months of future rent for those under 80% of median income who have experienced income loss during the pandemic, to apply for that assistance people can go to https://teamkyhherf.ky.gov/ . Thank you all for your assistance and if you see someone who needs help, please don’t hesitate to refer them to us. Even if we cannot financially assist them with their need, we can likely accompany them in finding a solution.
COVID Antibody Testing for Anthem members:
In accordance with the federal mandate, Anthem will waive cost sharing for diagnostic testing, including antibody testing, for COVID-19. For FAQ information on COVID coverage for Anthem members, click this link.
- Please find a statement from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith at the Vatican here.
- You may also download a statement from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) by clicking here.
- Visit the new state website, vaccine.ky.gov, and use the hotline (855-598-2246 or TTY 855-326-4654), to help you determine if you are eligible to receive a vaccine and then find one in your region.
- This website locates a vaccination site by zip code: https://vaccinefinder.org
- When can you get a COVID-19 vaccine in Kentucky?
- ¿CUÁNDO PODR ÁS RECIBIR LAVACUNA CONTRA EL COVID-19?
Guidelines for Gatherings on Parish Property Outside the Liturgy
Please visit a web page where you can find guidelines for gatherings and events outside the liturgy, effective July 1, 2020. This information is available in English and Spanish.
Healthy at Work Guidelines for Parishes
Click to download a summary of the Diocesan Healthy at Work guidelines. (Updated December 7, 2020)
Click to download the full Diocesan Workplace Guidelines during a Declared Epidemic or Pandemic. (Updated December 7, 2020)
Click to download a Diocese of Owensboro COVID-19 and the Workplace guidance two-page flyer. (Updated March 3, 2021)
You may also find the Kentucky Healthy at Work Requirements for Office-Based Businesses (effective May 11, 2020).
Letter from Superintendent of Catholic Schools to Families – June 17, 2020
Please click here to download a letter from David Kessler, Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Owensboro.
COVID -19 Notice in 23 Mayan Languages + Spanish/COVID -19 Aviso en 23 Lenguas Mayas + Español
More information available here: https://owensborodiocese.org/return-to-public-mass/ y en Español: https://owensborodiocese.org/la-celebracion-publica-de-la-misa/
Live Stream Mass Opportunities/Oportunidades de la Transmisión de la Misa en Vivo
If you’d like your parish Mass included, please send information to [email protected].
- St. Stephen Cathedral Sundays at 9 AM: www.facebook.com/ststephencathedral/live
- Brescia University Monday through Friday at noon; and Sundays at 10 AM; : https://livestream.com/accounts/19227302/bresciamass
- St. Joseph in Leitchfield Sundays at 11 AM: https://stjosephch.org/live-streaming
- St. Thomas More in Paducah Sundays at 9 AM: https://www.stmore.org/online-mass
- St. Mary in Franklin Sundays at 11 AM: https://www.facebook.com/St-Mary-Catholic-Church-Franklin-KY-466339790185934/
- St. Michael in Sebree: Monday through Friday at 9 AM; Saturday at 5 PM; Sunday at 10:30 AM (English) and 12:00 PM (Misa en español): https://www.facebook.com/smsebree/
- (Español) Iglesia Santo Redentor en Beaver Dam, domingos a las 11 AM: https://www.facebook.com/holyredeemerbeaverdam/
- Blessed Mother in Owensboro at https://www.blessedmotherchurch.com/ or YouTube channel.
- mmaculate Parish in Owensboro Saturdays at 4:30 PM: https://www.facebook.com/The-Immaculate-145624562118870
- (Español) Iglesia Santos José y Pablo en Owensboro, domingos 12pm (mediodía): https://www.facebook.com/stjpcc/
- St. Joseph in Central City on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays at 12 Noon, Wednesdays at 6 PM and Sundays at 11 AM: https://www.facebook.com/stjosephcentralcity/live
- Sts. Joseph & Paul in Owensboro Sundays at 10:00 AM y domingos 3 pm en Español: https://www.facebook.com/stjpcc/
- Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph Sundays at 11 AM: https://www.facebook.com/ursulinesmsj/
- St. Agnes in Uniontown Tuesday through Friday and Sundays at 10 AM: https://www.facebook.com/St-Agnes-Roman-Catholic-Church-370425936471392/
- Christ the King in Madisonville on Sundays at 10:30 AM: https://www.ctkmadisonville.org/
- St. Pius X in Owensboro on Sundays at 11 AM: http://www.stpiustenthparish.org/
- St. Paul/St. Elizabeth Parishes, Grayson County on Monday and Thursday at 8 AM; Wednesdays at 6 PM; Fridays at 11:30 AM; and Sundays at 10 AM: https://www.facebook.com/stpaulcatholicchurchleitchfieldky
- Sts. Peter & Paul in Hopkinsville Monday through Saturday at 8 AM; Wednesdays at 5:30 PM; Jueves a las 5:30 pm en Español; Sundays at 10:30 AM y domingos 2 pm en Español: https://www.facebook.com/stsppchurch/
- Holy Spirit in Bowling Green Sunday Vigil Mass, Saturdays at 4 PM: https://www.facebook.com/HSCCBG/ and https://holyspiritcatholic.org
- Our Lady of Lourdes in Owensboro on Saturdays at 4 PM: https://www.facebook.com/LourdesCatholic/
- St. Joseph in Bowling Green on Sundays at 9 AM in English y domingos 11 am en Español: https://www.facebook.com/St.JosephBG/
- St. Ambrose in Henshaw on Sundays at 10 AM: https://www.facebook.com/stambrosecc/
- St. Francis Borgia in Sturgis on Sundays at 10 AM: https://www.facebook.com/St-Francis-Borgia-Catholic-Church-165613054230653/
- St. Paul in Princeton on Sundays at 10 AM: https://www.facebook.com/St-Paul-St-Mark-Catholic-Churches-Princeton-Eddyville-KY-110474043933042/
- St. Henry in Aurora and St. Stephen in Cadiz on Sundays in this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/290809714648128/ or on their website: https://sainthenryparish.net/
- St. Pius X in Calvert City on Sundays at 10 AM: https://www.facebook.com/stpiusx.us/videos/310985159874011/
- St. Paul in Leitchfield (Grayson County) at 10 AM: https://www.facebook.com/stpaulcatholicchurchleitchfieldky/
- Sacred Heart in Russellville on Sundays at 10 AM y sábado 7 pm en Español: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJjRbnEvq4siBwUHIlgpv-A
- St. Michael in Sebree offers Mass in Akatek/Q’anjobal language (Mayan language) Sundays at 7:30 PM: https://www.facebook.com/smsebree/. Presider: Fr. Carmelo Jimenez; Preacher: Deacon Baltazar Rafael
- Rosary Chapel in Paducah on Sundays at 10:30 AM: https://www.facebook.com/rosarychapel/
Christ the King Catholic Church in Madisonville – Fr. Carl McCarthy leads the Rosary nightly at 6 PM: https://www.facebook.com/ctkmadisonville/
St. Michael in Sebree : https://www.facebook.com/smsebree/
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM Adoration
St. Romuald in Hardinsburg will have their Mass aired Sunday at 10 AM on 104.3 WXBC
Sts. Joseph & Paul in Owensboro Wednesdays at 12 PM Noon- Stations of the Cross: https://www.facebook.com/stjpcc/
St. Agnes in Uniontown leads the Rosary daily at 3 PM: https://www.facebook.com/St-Agnes-Roman-Catholic-Church-370425936471392/
St. Paul/St. Elizabeth Parishes, Grayson County leads Stations of the Cross on Fridays at 5:30 PM; Liturgy of the Hours Monday through Saturday at 10 AM and Sundays at 6 PM: https://www.facebook.com/stpaulcatholicchurchleitchfieldky
Holy Spirit in Bowling Green leads the Rosary Monday through Friday at 3 PM: https://www.facebook.com/HSCCBG/
St. Mary Magdalene in Sorgho: Live musical offering Sundays at 11 AM: https://www.facebook.com/MaryMagdaleneKy/
For assistance and to speak to someone in Catholic Charities, please call 270-852-8335 (English); 270-852-8328 (Españo); and 270-421-4252 (Burmese).
The Catholic Charities Office for the Diocese of Owensboro has provided the following resources:
- Tri-lingual Owensboro-Daviess County Community Meal COVID-19 Schedule/Horario de Comidas Comunitarias durante COVID-19/
- Health and Human Services for Henderson and Green River Area
- Paducah Coordinated Response and Resources
The City of Bowling Green has its own COVID-19 response page which has multilingual resources: https://www.bgky.org/coronavirus. La Nuestra Radio Program is where we are trying to disseminate the majority of the information in Spanish: https://www.facebook.com/lanuestrabg/. United Way of Southern Kentucky 2.1.1 Call center: https://www.facebook.com/theUWSK/
Individuals, Couples, and Families: Optimal Psychological Survival in the Era of Coronavirus: https://www.adlerpedia.org/concepts/55#resource-561
From the Positive Discipline Association website: https://www.positivediscipline.org/Family-Resources / Español: https://www.positivediscipline.org/Recursos-familiares-COVID-19
Dr. Jill Duba Sauerheber is offering a 25-minute telehealth hour psychoeducation session to anyone interested that focuses on (a) what is happening within the brain and (b) ways to incorporate that knowledge within the family system. Those interested can text Dr. Jill at 270.996.7396 or email her at [email protected]. These will be offered on Fridays for $25.
Reliable sources of information:
- The National Association of School Psychologists: nasponline.org
- The American Psychological Association: apa.org
- The National Association of Social Workers: socialworkers.org
USCCB -Justice for Immigrants-Resources/Recursos–Justicia para Inmigrantes-Conferencia de Obispos Católicos de Estados Unidos
National V Encuentro
Resources for ministry available from the National V Encuentro Team, provided by their partners and Catholic organizations that are meant to assist Hispanic/Latino pastoral ministers, parents, and Catholics: https://vencuentro.org/resources-for-ministry-during-covid-19-outbreak/. This website is updated often, so please check back frequently.
El V Encuentro ha compilado una lista de recursos para la pastoral durante la crisis de Covid-19: https://vencuentro.org/resources-for-ministry-during-covid-19-outbreak/
Signs for the Church or Office
- Stop the Spread of Germs | Detenga la propagación de gérmenes
- Stop – Keep your Distance 6 Feet
- Stay Home From Work | ¡Quédese en casa si está enfermo!
- Hygiene Flyer – Burmese
- Stay Healthy. Wash your Hands. | Mantente sano. Lávate las manos.
- Do Not Enter | No Entre
KY COVID-19 Hotline: 800-722-5725
Below are some communications that have been sent out to priests and/or parishes | Abajo encontraran algunos comunicados que han sido enviados a sacerdotes y/o parroquias:
- Questions and Answers regarding sacramental practice during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 30, 2020 Memo from Office of Worship
- The Blessing of the Oil of the Sick and Catechumens
- 30 de Marzo Memorándum Oficina de Culto
- Bendición del óleo de los enfermos e óleo de los catecúmenos
- Culto Divino on Triduum and Easter
- March 24 memo to priests, deacons and parishes (English and Español)
- Liturgical Guidelines for Holy Week
- La observancia de la Semana Santa 2020
- March 19 Office of Worship Resources for Prayer at Home/Suplemento de Oración de la Diócesis de Owensboro
- March 17 New liturgical guidelines from the Office of Worship in English
- 17 de marzoPautas litúrgicas durante el tiempo de la pandemia de coronavirus de la Oficina de Culto
- March 16, 2020 Letter from Bishop William F. Medley Suspending Mass
- 16 de marzo Carta del obispo William F. Medley suspendiendo misa
- March 13, 2020 Statement
- Comunicado, 13 de Marzo 2020
- March 13, 2020 Mandated Prevention Precautions in Liturgy
- 13 de Marzo, Prevención y Precauciones mandatorios en la Liturgia
- Letter from Bishop William F. Medley
- Prayer from Pope Francis
- Oración del Papa Francisco
- March 11, 2020 Statement Regarding Mass
- Comunicado, 11 de Marzo 2020 respecto a la Misa
- March 4, 2020 Statement
- Comunicado, 4 de Marzo 2020
- March 4 Suggested Prevention Precautions in Liturgy